Mold Damage in Bellingham - How It Impacts Your Property
SERVPRO Successfully Addresses Mold in Bellingham Homes
Mold can be black, white, spotted, or colored. It may appear velvety, powdery, cottony, or slimy patches that increase in size as they grow. Most produce musty odors, the first indication of a problem in your Bellingham home. It develops with adequate moisture, favorable temperature, and a food source.
The best way to discern mold damage in your Bellingham home is to look for water staining, warping, or find the source of the odor. It would help if you looked underneath surfaces like carpets, sinks, cabinets, and walls. Some home areas are always susceptible to infestation and require routine cleaning to control the growth. SERVPRO helps identify areas in your home that may be prevalent to damage.
Mold latches onto diverse materials, including:
Dealing with the infestation
Due to its porous nature, wood tends to attract mold. When exposed to moisture, it acts as a good breeding environment. Spore removal is challenging and, when done inadequately, causes the infestation to spread further. SERVPRO has experienced technicians who look for adequate cleaning methods rather than those that only scratch the surface. We use products as indicated by the manufacturer to ensure your home is mold-free.
Practical measures to minimize indoor mold
- Adequately heating and insulating your home
- Install appropriate ventilation
- Avoid water leaks
To prevent microbial growth, avoid water leaks and address any moisture source immediately. This can be achieved by controlling and maintaining rain and surface water drainage. Also, removing or replacing upholstery and carpets that have been soaked and cannot be dried right away is necessary. Routine domestic activities may encourage growth. Make sure simple activities like cooking dinner, taking a shower, or doing laundry do not invite an infestation by providing proper ventilation.
SERVPRO of Whatcom County can safely deal with mold damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us at (360) 733-1800 to make the necessary repairs.