Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Humid conditions and moisture concerns in Bellingham homes leave many residences combating mold development throughout the year. With the experience and fast response of our SERVPRO team, we can help.
SERVPRO Completes Mold Inspections
One of the earliest aspects of professional mold remediation is the arrival of our production manager to walk through the property with our customer. We identify the needed recovery actions, explain the process to the concerned homeowner, and work on developing a detailed estimation and remediation plan. The findings of this initial inspection help prioritize the sequence of cleanup.
Many Possible Mold Remediation Options
Several options exist for choosing the ideal mold remediation and removal approaches. Eliminating active colonies is not universal, and many factors can play a part in the perfect cleaning options. The affected surface, the infestation's severity, and the mold damage location all help our team choose from surface cleaning and abrasive blasting to controlled demolition. We are prepared to help with:
- Attic mold removal
- Bathroom mold cleanup
- Mold removal
- Black mold damage repairs
- Basement mold remediation
The Continuation of Mold Odors
One of the troublesome aspects of mold development in a residence is the lingering effects these organisms leave behind. Even following remediation, much of the strong, musty odor characterizing a mold infestation still requires neutralization. Masking these odors is ineffective, as this does not solve the underlying cause. We use powerful agents to chemically bond with odor molecules for a permanent solution.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (360) 733-1800
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Whatcom County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (360) 733-1800
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Whatcom County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Bellingham community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2010 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: