Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Humid conditions and moisture concerns in Bellingham homes leave many residences combating mold development throughout the year. With the experience and fast response of our SERVPRO team, we can help.
SERVPRO Completes Mold Inspections
One of the earliest aspects of professional mold remediation is the arrival of our production manager to walk through the property with our customer. We identify the needed recovery actions, explain the process to the concerned homeowner, and work on developing a detailed estimation and remediation plan. The findings of this initial inspection help prioritize the sequence of cleanup.
Many Possible Mold Remediation Options
Several options exist for choosing the ideal mold remediation and removal approaches. Eliminating active colonies is not universal, and many factors can play a part in the perfect cleaning options. The affected surface, the infestation's severity, and the mold damage location all help our team choose from surface cleaning and abrasive blasting to controlled demolition. We are prepared to help with:
- Attic mold removal
- Bathroom mold cleanup
- Mold removal
- Black mold damage repairs
- Basement mold remediation
The Continuation of Mold Odors
One of the troublesome aspects of mold development in a residence is the lingering effects these organisms leave behind. Even following remediation, much of the strong, musty odor characterizing a mold infestation still requires neutralization. Masking these odors is ineffective, as this does not solve the underlying cause. We use powerful agents to chemically bond with odor molecules for a permanent solution.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (360) 733-1800
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Whatcom County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (360) 733-1800
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Whatcom County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Bellingham community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2120 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: